Quota increse request

Hello,

Can I increase the quota limitation of my account? I only have one small conda environment, but I need to use some large deep learning models. It reached to the limits easily. Could you help me with this? Thank you so much!

Disk quotas for prj 161846 (pid 161846):
Filesystem used quota limit grace files quota limit grace
/shared/home/svishwakarma
17.33G 100G 150G - 126857* 100000 150000 none

Hello,

Indeed, you have reached the max number of files in your home directory.
However, we do not increase this directory.
So, you have to clean up your home directory or move data (or conda environments) inn your project directory.

If you need more space in your project directory, please come back to us.

Best regards

Hello,

I'm trying to install a conda in my project directory. However, it's been 2 hours, it is still executing.

Unpacking payload ...

Installing base environment...

Downloading and Extracting Packages

Downloading and Extracting Packages

Preparing transaction: done
Executing transaction: | 

Hello,

When I install conda in the project directory, it kept giving me errors when I build environment. Could you help me with this? I tried several ways from the internet but it still not working. Thank you so much!

CondaVerificationError: The package for pip located at /shared/ifbstor1/projects/deep_learning_crcm/QIANRONG_PROJECT/anaconda3/pkgs/pip-23.2.1-py38h06a4308_0
appears to be corrupted. The path 'lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/webencodings/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-38.pyc'
specified in the package manifest cannot be found.

(Also, I don't know why, but today the cluster is really slow.)

Hello,

Have you try this kinds of solutions: jupyter - Conda Verification Failed - Data Science Stack Exchange ?

Hi,

Yes, I tried this.

I solve the problem by using miniconda instead of anaconda in the end. :joy:

OK. Indeed, we use miniconda usually.

Hello,

Can I apply for more space in my project directory? My project requires too much data, and it's already exceeded the limits now, Thank you.

Hello,

How much space do you need?

Hello,

Can I have 1T more? Thank you.

@svishwakarma It's done.
Please come back to us as soon we can reduce this quota.
Best regards,

Thank you so much!