Heavy Connection problems

Good afternoon!

I have a problem connecting to the cluster since 2 days now. The error looks like this

Two days ago I ran quite a heavy program on long partition of SLURM, but since yesterday I haven't been able to connect, not sure if that's related.
Also, on rstudio I have been getting problems about "disk quota exceeded" and it blocks me from plotting graphs, and it fails to open objects - dataframes for example - from the upper right panel, declaring that "no such file can be found". After I restart session problem disappears temporarily, but returns.

I have checked my memory usage with du -sh from inside RStudio ( system("du -sh")), and it looks like I have more than enough memory available, so I should be able to login on jupyter and plot on RStudio

Any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks in advance
Aristeidis

Good afternoon !

Indeed, your have reached the maximum number of files in your home directory (107301 files, 100k maximum). So Jupyter can be blocked from starting.

You can see this quota with: lfs quota -h -p 161255 /shared/home/apanagiotou

Disk quotas for prj 161255 (pid 161255):
     Filesystem    used   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/shared/home/apanagiotou
                 19.64G    100G    150G       -  107301* 100000  150000    none

So, you have to clean your /home directory (mainly your conda environments: 100k files) or maybe move some files to your projects directories.

Best regards

Thanks for the insight :slight_smile:
Have a good day!